bin > startserver server1
- Stop a WAS server : Open cmd and navigate to profile bin directory
bin > stopserver server1
bin > stopserver server1 -username
- Check the server status : Open cmd and navigate to profile bin directory
bin > serverstatus server1
- To modify the java process definition (jvm arguments, initial heap size, maximum heap size) directly open the server.xml (%WAS Install Dir%\profiles\AppSrv01\config\cells\%cell name%\nodes\%node name%\servers\server1\server.xml) and make the changes. Keep in mind that admin console is the recommended way for making the changes, directly modifying the xml is just a quick way of doing things.
- In case you modify some file used by an installed application, you need to clean (delete) the WAS temporary directory and restart the server. Location of the temp directory
Webshpere Application server caches all application files in this directory, hence for the changes to take effect this needs to be deleted so that the cache can be created again with updated files.
- To check which ports the Websphere application server is running : Open the file
Note: These are for WAS v 6 and WAS v 6.1